By Rhonda Moffit, Moffits-Mad Hatter Adventures September 7, 2017
UPDATED 2pm EST, 9/8
As we find ourselves in the midst of another hurricane season, Walt Disney World has announced a few closures and cancellations due to Hurricane Irma’s impact this weekend. The storm could potentially disrupt the Disney area Saturday night and Sunday in many ways. Here are the current announcements:
- Disney Springs: Closing on Saturday at 9pm – Monday
- Magic Kingdom: Closing on Saturday at 9pm – Monday
Saturday Happily Ever After fireworks is canceled.
- Epcot: Closing on Saturday at 9pm – Monday
Saturday IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is canceled.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Closing on Saturday at 7pm – Monday
Saturday Fantasmic! and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular are canceled.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Closing on Saturday at 7:00pm – Monday
Saturday Rivers of Light performance is canceled.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed Saturday through Monday
- Blizzard Beach is currently closed September 8 and 9.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon: Closing Saturday 5pm through Monday
- The Spirit of Aloha dinner show at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has been cancelled for Saturday, and likely will be canceled for Sunday in the very near future.
- Aerophile balloon at Disney Springs is now closed
- Disney World is not taking new dining reservations for September 10 and 11. Effective immediately WDW will not enforce Advance Dining Reservation cancellation policies through Monday September 11th.
- Treehouse Villas of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort: Also closing.
- Highway in the Sky Dine Around: Canceled on Saturday.
- Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground: The campgrounds will begin closing on Saturday afternoon, 9/9. Performances for Mickey’s Backyard BBQ and Hoop-Dee-Doo Review are cancelled from Saturday through Monday.
- Disney Vacation Club Beach Resorts: Disney’s Vero Beach Resort will begin closing on Friday afternoon at 2:00pm.
- Saturday’s Night of Joy evening event is now cancelled. Saturday night concert tickets will not be honored for Friday night. Refunds can be processed by calling (407) 939-7818 by January 31, 2018 or via email at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com.
- Sunday, September 10 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is cancelled.
Here are the options if you have tickets:
- Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
- 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the next two years.
- Receive a full refund for event tickets.
You can call (407) 939-7818 or email Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com to process your exchange.
- All performances of Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream (September 8-10) have been postponed until May 2018.
- Disney Cruise Line: Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream cancelled sailings for the weekend.
- Adventures By Disney: Backstage Magic is cancelled for Friday 9/8 and Monday 9/11
Backstage Magic and Gardens of the World tours are cancelled for Tuesday 9/12
- The What’s Cooking with Alex Guarnaschelli on Sunday, September 10
- Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It Event on Monday, September 11 and Tuesday, September 12
Universal Orlando HAS also decided to close this weekend, beginning at 7 pm Saturday night.
We have gotten all of our MHA clients taken care of as far as those who were scheduled to be at Walt Disney World Resort this weekend. None of them had to wait on hold to take care of a complete refund or reschedule- we did it all. This really is a great reason for you to remember to book through our Earmarked, award winning agency. We work for you even when you do not think about it- and when something such as a hurricane occurs, we have your back. We love our clients and would be thrilled to welcome you to our MHA client family!
Images and videos ©Moffits:Mad Hatter Adventures
CLICK HERE or send us an email for a FREE, no obligation quote. We offer you so much more than the usual! We consistently review your reservation to make sure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney- and we update it to get you the best value whenever possible. Our services are always 100% FREE for you to use, but PRICELESS in saving you time and money. We also specialize in setting up dietary Disney dining specialties (gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian), hard to obtain dining reservations, and more!
Are you visiting Disney, Universal, or ANY vacation destination in the future? We have some amazing all-inclusive packages available and can save you time and money so you and yours have the best time possible! After all, one of us is a former Disney Cast Member, and as a husband and wife team we travel the world in search of the best destinations possible. Again, our services are completely free for you to utilize and you will get YEARS of experience on your side when booking with Moffits- Mad Hatter Adventures.
Always consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planning Agency. Our agency is an award winning Earmarked agency! We will be available to assist you with everything from finding the best value for your travel party to getting dining reservations and Fastpass+ attractions lined up. Just get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or watch our adventures on Facebook. We don’t just book fun and adventure, we LIVE it!
We are a FULL SERVICE travel agency- if you can travel there, we can book it for you!